Open Source Projects - Implementation & Customization
Saturday, 04 September 2010 07:32
Last Updated on Saturday, 18 September 2010 11:10
Customizing & Implementing of Open Source Projects
En Interactive is a firm votary of Open Source Software development movement and believes that it is advantageous to the customer because "In an Open Source world nobody gets to hold the customer to ransom".
We at En Interactive believe in investing in thought for the customer and software research is a dedicated and well-supported activity in our organization. Customizing Open Source development applications innovatively for wide adoption by customers has been the focus of our software research in the recent months. En Interactive also put in place pool of professionals experienced in offering Linux based services as part of our offerings in the Open Source domain.
Benefits of open source software:
- Cost savings typically range from 70% to 90% compared to a product developed from scratch, depending on the complexity of customization.
- Development reduced by over 60%
- Software comes with rights to modify
- Complete flexibility for meeting specific needs (not available with proprietary software)
- Enhanced portability
- Vendor neutrality
- Availability of quick fixes and feature enhancements
Current Status of most open source software development applications:
- Result of collaborative effort of a group of people, often working on voluntary basis.
- Released on an "as-is" basis, without any guarantee on the quality of the software.
- Often addresses a particular domain's functionality.
- Often requires more than one open source software development application to be integrated and customized.
- No definitive source for obtaining the required technical support.
How En Interactive adds value to open source development:
- We analyze client requirements thoroughly to understand his business needs.
- We perform extensive research to identify the best open source application(s) that suit a client's business needs.
- We analyze the open source software development application to understand the product and the underlying code thoroughly intimately.
- We identify areas that need customization, and prepare a plan to integrate multiple open source software development applications.
- After customizing and integrating the applications, we subject the software to a thorough QA and testing cycle to rectify any inherent software defects.
- We create additional customer-oriented documentation to help the client use the software effectively.
- We provide services to migrate the existing application(s) and data, if any, to the new software.
- We provide technical support to the software delivered. Our standard terms and conditions include 4 weeks of FREE technical support.
- We provide ongoing technical support, and can provide services to modify the functionality / add new features.